Depressed people do not believe everything will be alright.
They can’t. That’s the nature of the condition.
The depressed mind is stuck. Future happiness just isn’t imaginable beyond the hopelessness.
This disorder changes your brain. The senses are dulled. Perspective is clouded. The excitement of looking forward is replaced with a thick, dark numbness.
If you are suffering depression, it’s hard to move forward. You can’t see the point.
You need help, someone to assure you that something bright and interesting lies waiting out there for you. A sort of life guide.
Allowing someone safe and non-judgmental to help you will help you see life with less despair and more hope and anticipation.
The following steps will help you move toward an “everything will be alright” frame of mind that can help you overcome depression:
- Select your guide. First and foremost find a person who will jump in to help you increase the positive experiences in your life enthusiastically. If you can’t do anything else, reach out to a persistent friend, trusted family member, or qualified and compassionate therapist. Your guide will help you recognize the importance of sensory stimulation as a way to help you wake up your brain.
- Move. Get outside, take a class at the gym; your guide will encourage you to get moving physically and energize your mind.
- Taste. Imagine your food first, anticipate the tastes, savor the experience of dining.
- Listen. What you listen to matters. Be intentional about choosing music that inspires, invigorates, and is uplifting.
- Inhale. Surround yourself with scents you love. Cookies baking, a vase of lavender, or a favorite cologne sprayed on your pillow.
- Touch. Stimulate skin and your sense of touch with lotion, massage, cozy clothing, and textures.
- Look. Try not to look through or past things. Really see the the natural world, the people you love, and the places you go.
Allow your therapist or loved one to help you revive your senses and put depression to bed.
Read the full article here: Get Out Of Depression, Get Into Your Senses
- Learn Action Steps You Can Take Today to Improve Your Marriage
- Stop the Fighting
- Reconnect With Your Spouse