We all know that there can be serious consequences, especially for women, when it comes to the casual hookup. There is always a risk of developing an STI, a urinary tract infection, or pregnancy. However, research is finding that there are even more serious concerns for women than we first suspected.
In one study, researchers conducted autopsies of female brains. What they found was that these women had male DNA in their brains. This was a surprise for the researchers and raised questions as to how the DNA got there. One theory is that this DNA traveled from male to female during sexual intercourse. The researchers discovered that some of the women in the study had male DNA in their brains for over fifty years. Another theory for why the DNA came to reside in these brains was due to being pregnant and carrying a male child.
What are the ramifications for women? Consider these thoughts:
- Sexual intercourse is an important part of the human experience. When we have sex with another person we are making ourselves both emotionally vulnerable and physically vulnerable.
- Having consent between partners is very important. Women who are forced into having sex must not only bear physical and emotional trauma, but also trauma at the cellular level.
- Casual hookup can leave women feeling empty. In order for women to truly enjoy the sexual experience, they must feel a personal and emotional connection with their partner.
- Humans don’t just experience a physical or emotional connection; there is also an energy that we share with one another as well.
Want to learn more about the ramifications of sex and hookups for women? You can read the full article here: Here’s Why There Is No Such Thing As “No-Strings-Attached” Sex.
- Learn Action Steps You Can Take Today to Improve Your Marriage
- Stop the Fighting
- Reconnect With Your Spouse